FRCOG, FRCPI, MD - Consultant Gynaecologist, Subspecialist Reproductive Medicine & Surgery
Dr. Carol Coughlan is a Consultant, Reproductive Medicine and Infertility (IVF) and specializes in treating all kinds of infertility conditions. Her qualification includes fellowship from the Royal College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists and is a Subspecialist in Reproductive Medicine & Surgery. She has over 15 years of experience across UK and Dublin and was a consultant for Reproductive Medicine and Surgery at Bourn Hall Clinic, Dubai before joining the IVI Dubai clinic.
Physician Graduate of University College Cork MB. BCh. BAO with Honours
Physician Medical Boards: 2013 - Certificate of Satisfactory Completion of Specialist Training 2013 RCOG Subspecialist in Reprod. Medicine & Surgery
2009 PGCME (Postgraduate Certificate Medical Education)
1997 MB. BCh. BAO with Honours
Physician Fellowships: Fellow of the Royal College of Physicians of Ireland
Fellow of the Royal College of Obstetricians & Gynaecologists
Physician Author of:
1. Coughlan C, Clarke H, Cutting R, Saxton J, Waite S, Ledger W, Li T, Pacey A. Sperm DNA Fragmentation, Recurrent Implantation Failure and Recurrent Miscarriage. Accepted Asian Journal of Andrology July 2014.
2. Coughlan, C., Yuan X, Demirol, A, Ledger, W, Li TC. Factors affecting the outcome of “Endometrial Scratch” in women with recurrent implantation failure. J Reprod Med. 2014. Jan- Feb; 59 (1-2): 39 – 43.
3. Coughlan C, Ledger W, Wang Q, Liu Fenghua, Demirol Aygul, Gurgan Timur, Cutting R, Ong K, Sallam H, Li TC. Recurrent Implantation Failure: Definition and Management. RBM Online. 2014 Jan; 28 (1):14 – 38.
4. Coughlan, C., Yuan X, Nafee, T., Yan, J, Mariee N, Li TC. Clinical Characteristics of Women with Recurrent Implantation Failure. Journal of Obstetrics & Gynaecology . 2013 Jul; 33 (5): 494 – 8.
5. Coughlan C, Sinagra M, Ledger W, Li TC, Laird SM. Endometrial integrin expression in women with recurrent implantation failure after IVF; relationship to pregnancy outcome. Fertility Sterility 2013 Sep ; 100 (3) : 825-30.
6. Coughlan C, Walters S, Ledger W, Li TC. Psychological Stress and Reproductive Failure. International Journal of Obstetrics & Gynaecology 2014. Feb; 124 (2):143-7.
7. Coughlan C, Fitzgerald J, Milne P,Wingfield M. (2010), The safety of clomifene citrate in the absence of ultrasound monitoring facilities. Journal of Obstetrics and Gynaecology. 30, (4):393 -396
8. Coughlan C, McAuliffe F, Bermingham N, Gleeson N. (2006) Vaginal cytology following primary hysterectomy for cervical cancer: is it useful? Irish Journal of Medical Science, 175 (1): 45-9
(https://www.ivivf.com/carol-coughlan) ( https://www.ivi-rmainnovation.com/investigators/carol-coughlan/) (https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/?term=Carol+Coughlan)
Language Spoken: English