Consultant, Obstetrics & Gynecology
- Physician Graduate of: MD in 1998 and was awarded the membership of the Royal College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists (MRCOG) in 2004
Dr. Monikaa Chawla is a Reproductive endocrinologist and fertility specialist at Fakih IVF Abu Dhabi, practicing the subspecialty for more than 16 years. Dr. Monika is highly specialized in minimal access surgery (Laparoscopy and Hysteroscopy, diagnostic and operative) having trained at the Royal Free Hospital in London and Kiel University in Germany. Her research work has been published in 27 international and indexed journals and has presented at various international conferences. She completed her postgraduate award in Assisted Reproduction from Warwick University ,UK with thesis on 'Time lapse technology and its current implications'. Her current publications and research work is focused on recurrent Implantation failures and time-lapse morphokinetics with preimplantation genetic screening.
- Memberships: A member of the American Society of Reproductive Medicine, the British Fertility Society and the American Association of Gynecology Laparoscopists.
- Education: MD, Royal College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists
She acquired her MD in 1998 and was awarded the membership of the Royal College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists (MRCOG) in 2004. She went on to complete her fellowship in Reproductive medicine at the prestigious Guy And St. Thomas Hospital in London which is also the pioneer center for Pre-Implantation Diagnosis (PGD) in the UK.
- Physician Fellowships: Reproductive medicine at the prestigious Guy And St. Thomas Hospital in London
- Physician Expert in: Specialized in minimal access surgery (Laparoscopy and Hysteroscopy, diagnostic and operative) having trained at the Royal Free Hospital in London and Kiel University in Germany
- Awards: Received Overseas Travel Fellowship through the Royal College Of Obstetricians and Gynecologists, August 2003; the only candidate to be chosen for direct Registrar post sponsorship by RCOG from India based on clinical experience and research.
- Physician Author of:
1. Malholra M, Sharma J.B ,Batra S .Sharma S , Murthy N.S, Arora R Maternal and Perinatal outcomein varying degrees of anemia .Tnt J Gynaecol Obstet 79(2003) , 93-100.
2. Malhotra M, Sharma J.B , Batra S , Arora R, Sharma S. Ciprofloxacin-tinidazole combination,fluconazole- azithromicin- secnidazole-kit and doxycycline- metronidazole combination therapy in syndromic management of pelvic inflammatory disease: A prospective randomized controlled trial. Indian J Med Sci. 2003 Dec;57(I2):549-55.
3.Ma/l/Otra M, Sharma J .B, Tripalhi R .Arora P, Arora R . Maternal and fetal outcome in valvular heartdisease. Int J Gynaecol Obstet. 2004 Jallj84( /):11-6.
- Physician Languages Spoken: Basic Arabic, English, Hindi, Urdu